cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Remote Agent

spingi_gonzales
Level 3
Hello,
i have a problem in a test enviroment where i have installed one media server (win2003sp1) BE v10d with an external LTO tape and one server (win2000Svr-sp4) with SQL2000.I have install the SQL agent and Disaster Recovery Agent for backup the second server (win2000).All installations steps are OK but when i create a backup selection for the second server i can't select any remote selections (no errors.no messages),all selection are unselectable(it appears grey!).I have all requested licence and the remote server agent service is started, all two server are in the same lan , i can "ping" the remote server with the IP address and Name (in the both ways).
I can browse the remote server in the lan with the administrator account and i use the same account for the Backup program.I have't any firewall/antivirus between the servers.All two servers are restarted after the installation.
Help me!
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Spingi!

Please check if MSSQLSERVER service is running properly.

Another reason for not being able to select Microsoft SQL databases may be because of 'Enable SQL Shares' registry key.

Please refer to following technote in this context:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262233

Thanks and Regards,
Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.