cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2000 Database recovery

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
We are trying to recover full database backups off Veritas and are unable to do so on some of our databases. When we try to recover and let Veritas create the db, we get an error similar to the following:

Restore - OLYMPOS\RMSWORK
An error occurred on a query to database MCDMXRestore.
Logical file 'MCDMX_Data' is not part of database 'MCDMXRestore'. Use RESTORE FILELISTONLY to list the logical file names.

However, we can recover other databases from this backup. The only common thread we have encountered is that we are unable to recover the database if it set up for transactional replication.
22 REPLIES 22

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Change the value of the following resgistry key

-- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/VERITAS/Backup Exec/Engine/SQL Server/Force Named Pipe Backup/Restore from 0 to 1

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
Didn't work....;.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Can y ou berak the replication, restore your backup, then restore?

Replication with MSSQL has many constraints, I wouldn't be suprised if this was one of them.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
We are redirecting the restore of the database to a new non-replicated database.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Thank you for updating us on this issue.

This error occurs when the target database still has active replication subscribers.
Usually, this error will occur only on the databases that are configured for replication.

-- Try enabling restrict anonymous support on both the servers.

Refer the following technote:-
How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Message was edited by:
deepaliMessage was edited by:
deepali

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
Still does not work

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Since this issue needs a personal attention and also we require some log files to analyse the exact cause of this issue, we suggest you to contact our voice support , so that our technicall representatives will assist you to troubleshoot it.

Note : It is a paid option

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
Log files were sent in....twice...the last time over two weeks....we still have yet to hear back from anyone over there on this.Message was edited by:
Thomas Shubick

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Since there is no method to upload the log files in Support Forum, I would like to know, where you have sent the logs ?
Also, I would like to know if you have opened an Incident Case for the same issue with the Veritas Voice Support.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
Yes a case was opened on May 10th with Veritas support. Log files were sent to them TWICE. We have not heard back anything from them in two weeks now.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Don't worry, since you made a phone support request, they can happily get the problem off their forums and claim they have answered the issue.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
The best part is they are doing the same thing with their phone support as well. I send them the logs and don't hear anything back from them. When I check on the status of the ticket, its marked as RESOLVED and says no further contact from client. This company must have the WORST customer support on the face of this planet.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. The voice case could not have been marked as resolved and closed unless you yourself agreed to it.

2. You have iin addition to that the choice to call back the hotline and ask for the status of your case and if required re-open the case.

3. The voice cases are closed only with the consent of the concerned client.

4. Could you nonetheless write back your case ID so we could verify the status, troubleshooting and ofcourse take a look at your logs !

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
Well, the case has been closed and without any consent from myself. Please look at Case ID 280-410-755. I have called back twice as well as emailed for updates. I am still awaiting some kind of reply.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Your case seems to have been closed for lack of customer response. So why don't you go ahead and call our hotline in order to re-open the case since your problem stands unresoilved.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
The only lack of response has been from Veritas, not the customer. Why should I have to call back up, sit on hold for 2 hours to reopen a case that never should have been closed in the first place. I have been awaiting a response for 3 weeks now on a level 2 critcal issue and the only thing I get is call back and lack of CUSTOMER response? And instead of trying to shift the blame from your lack of support, why don't you try to answer my issue. This is supposed to be a support site.Message was edited by:
Thomas Shubick

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Thomas,

We are very much aware that this is a support site, we have asked you for the reasons of complexity to contact our voice support already. So please do that.

Thomas_Shubick
Level 3
I have....2 days ago....still waiting for some kind of reply.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

the case has been closed since the technical support engineer did not get reply from you. And the case can be reopened only within 10 business days.

However you can also refer the following documents which might help to resolve the issue:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262416.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817089

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.