cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2005 security error

rohack
Level 2
I have recently purchased BUExec 11d.  BUExec is installed on a win-2003 machine.  I purchased and installed 5 SQL server and windows server BU licences.   I installed the remote agent on the 5 machines (win-2003/sql-2005). 

When a backup is attempted on any of the 5 machines.  I get the following error:

Log: Application

Source: Backup Exec

Category: (0)

Type: 1

Event ID: 57860

Timestamp: 2/4/2008 11:38:44 AM

Message: An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following

server: "ENGWASHSUPPORT1". SQL error number: "0011". SQL error message:

"[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I have re-installed the remote agents. I have sucessfully tested all the security setting using the test functions within BUExec. 

I am at a loss to what to try next.  The link supplied in the error suggests that the remote-agent is not installed, but I have checked and re-installed the agent several times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

2 REPLIES 2

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good morning Rick,

Have you tested file-level backups of data folders from those servers? Can you back up the System State from them successfully? Also, check the System and Application event logs on the SQL server to see if there are any connection or authentication errors being logged.

As this issue may required some detailed troubleshooting including debug logging, you may want to call and open a support case with us to troubleshoot this.

Regards,
greg Meister
Symantec Support Engineer

rohack
Level 2
Greg,

We reviewed the logs.  Veritas logs report successful backups (sqlserver, files, system state, & shadow copy).  The logs report that SQLAgent was used.  The MSSQL logs report no problems with the backups also.  The only entries in the Event logs (other than informational) are the error event from BackupExec.  There are some informational events, but all reports are successfull information.

Sorry for the delay, I was expecting an email when the thread was repied to.  I musta not selected the email option correctly.