Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:57860
Date:9/1/2005
Time:12:36:45 AM
User:N/A
Computer:SERVER
Description:
An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server: "SERVER\BKUPEXEC".
SQL error number: "4814".
SQL error message: "Login failed for user 'RELDM\BESAdm'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Backup job is OK, but I don't know where is this message coming from.
Do you have any idea?
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are you backing up at night? Is SQL installed on the media server or are you backing up a remote SQL server?

Follow the steps in the technote below and verify if the error messages in the event viewer stop after that:

Title: In the event viewer, Event ID: 57860 "An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server... SQL error number: "0011"" is seen when backing up a server with SQL installed
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264616

Hope this helps. Do update us if the problem persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Daniela_Yordano
Level 3
The backup job includes local drives C, D, system state and remote Exchange server. I have MSDE only for BKUPEXEC database.
Actually the backup starts with drive D: and this error comes up 2 times: one second before start backuping D: and one second after finish with D: . There is no more errors during the rest of the backup /drive C: ,system state and Exchange/.Message was edited by:
Daniela Yordanova

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This error occurs when the credentials used by a backup or restore job have insufficient rights to the SQL Server being backed up or restored.
You can refer the following technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/251942

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.