cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL errors stop installation

dboyle53169
Level 3
I am getting the following errors when installing Backup Exec 11D on a Windows 2003 SBS.

02-04-2008,06:51:39 : V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 29543. ***To search for information about this error, click here
02-04-2008,06:51:39 : Please review C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details.
02-04-2008,06:51:39 : Failed to install third party products.

This is from the bootstrap log:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.2170.00
==============================
OS Version      : Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family, Service Pack 2 (Build 3790)
Time            : Mon Feb 04 06:50:16 2008

Machine         : SERVER1
Product         : Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
Product Version : 9.00.2047.00
Install         : Successful
Log File        : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SQLSupport_1.log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product         : Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
Log File        : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SQLNCLI_1.log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product         : Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
Log File        : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SqlWriter_1.log
Product         : MSXML 6.0 Parser (KB933579)
Product Version : 6.10.1200.0
Log File        : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_MSXML6_1.log
Product         : SQL Server Database Services
Error           : Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online.
Product         : SQL Server Database Services
Error           : Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online.
Product         : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Product Version : 9.1.2047.00
Install         : Failed
Log File        : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SQL.log
Last Action     : FindUpgradeableProduct
Error String    : Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online.

Error Number    : 29543
 SQL Server Setup failed. For more information, review the Setup log file in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt.

Time            : Mon Feb 04 06:51:31 2008

List of log files:
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_Core(Patched).log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SQLSupport_1.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SQLNCLI_1.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SqlWriter_1.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_MSXML6_1.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SQL.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_Datastore.xml
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_.NET Framework 2.0.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_Support.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_Core.log
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0010_SERVER1_SCC.log
12 REPLIES 12

Greg_Meister
Level 6
If Backup Exec is unable to install the SQL Express 2005 instance, there is usually somthing environmental causing the problem. Are you selecting the option to create a new instance or to install into an existing SQl instance?

Also, I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of SQL Express 2005 from Microsofts website. Can you perform a successful installation of that component by itself? If that also fails, Microsoft may need to be engaged to determine what is causing the conflict. Once resolved, Backup Exec should complete it's installation successfully.

Regards,
Greg Meister
Symantec Support Engineer

dboyle53169
Level 3
    I am creating a new instance. I am able to successfully install SQL Express 2005 by itself.

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good sign. Next, launch the Backup Exec installation. When you get to the selection screen, choose the option to install in to an existing SQL instance, then select the machine\instance for the SQL Express instance you just installed. Let me know if that allows a successful installation.

Regards,
Greg Meister
Symantec Support Engineer

dboyle53169
Level 3
It does not show the instance I just created. It shows the old backupexec instance. if I choose this it gives an unsupported error. If I try to have the software create a new instance it fails with the errors above.

Naresh_P
Level 2
Hi

Were you able to resolve this issue..

I am facing the same problem ..but in a different scenario..I am trying to upgrade the SQL 2000 Database to SQL 2005

During thsi process I am facing the saem error that you have mentioned below.

Kindly reply

Regards
Naresh P.

dboyle53169
Level 3
I have not resolved it yet. I guess I have to call in and pay for support since I'm not getting any help here. I'll post when I resolve and let you know how to fix it. :)

Smiley Happy

Naresh_P
Level 2
Hi

I appriciate your reply.

Kinldy let me know once you get the issue resolved.

I will do the same incase i solve it

Thanks
Naresh P.

dboyle53169
Level 3
I installed SQL Express on it's own, as suggested. Then rebooted the server. Once I rebooted, I installed again and choose the option to use an existing SQL instance. I chose ServerName\SQLEXPRESS. Installed fine after that. Hope this helps.

D.

Naresh_P
Level 2
Hi All

I have been able to resolve the issue.

Following were the activities carried out by me t resolve the issue:

As the installer was throwing an error mentionin that the SP level is
not appropriate

I have re done my SQL 2000 SP4 install from Node B (keeping all my
resources online on Node B).But the installation of MSSearch was giving
a probelm in teh process.

Based on some blogs which mentioned that the SP4 installer have soem
bugs I have ran SP3a install from NodeB.It was succesful.

So now i started my SQL 2005 upgarde ..this time the upgrade tool
indicated that it was going to upgarde SQL 2000 SP3a version to SQL
2005 (earleir the same screen indicated that it was upgrading from SQL
2000 SP4 to SQL 2005).Upgrade completed successfully

I still do not understand why i was not upgarding from SP4 and allowed
to upgrade from SP3a

I do not understand how downgrading of SP level went thru ..

What ever it is my issue is resolved an I am happy
Regards
Naresh P.

cderemer
Not applicable
I'm trying to install the Exchange Server Agents and during the installation of the license keys the server attempts to do an in-place upgrade of the existing MSDE installtion to SQL Express 2005.  It fails with the error:

Name: VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers
Reason: Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online.
I need to keep the existing instance, because I have been running this instance of BE for awhile.  Is there either a way to get arround this error, or to be able to not upgrade to SQL Express 2005?

trunksy
Level 2
Accredited
An attempt to upgrade to Backup Exec 11d results in this same error message in summary.txt that my upgrade is blocked but I looked at the upgrade paths and it says MSDE 2000 SP3a to SQL Server 2005 Express is valid. Why do I still get this error message that the upgrade path is supported? Here is my summary.txt: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.2047.00 ============================== OS Version : Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family, Service Pack 2 (Build 3790) Time : Tue Jan 26 03:05:46 2010 Machine : SERVER1 Product : Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English) Product Version : 9.00.2047.00 Install : Successful Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SQLSupport_1.log -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine : SERVER1 Product : Microsoft SQL Server Native Client Product Version : 9.00.2047.00 Install : Successful Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SQLNCLI_1.log -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine : SERVER1 Product : Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer Product Version : 9.00.2047.00 Install : Successful Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SqlWriter_1.log -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine : SERVER1 Product : MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686) Product Version : 6.20.2003.0 Install : Successful Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_MSXML6_1.log -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine : SERVER1 Product : SQL Server Database Services Error : Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine : SERVER1 Product : SQL Server Database Services Error : Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine : SERVER1 Product : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Product Version : 9.1.2047.00 Install : Failed Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SQL.log Last Action : FindUpgradeableProduct Error String : Your upgrade is blocked. For more information about upgrade support, see the "Version and Edition Upgrades" and "Hardware and Software Requirements" topics in SQL Server 2005 Setup Help or SQL Server 2005 Books Online. Error Number : 29543 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SQL Server Setup failed. For more information, review the Setup log file in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt. Time : Tue Jan 26 03:07:11 2010 List of log files: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_Core(Local).log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SQLSupport_1.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SQLNCLI_1.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SqlWriter_1.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_MSXML6_1.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SQL.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_Datastore.xml C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_.NET Framework 2.0.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SNAC.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_Core.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_Support.log C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0011_SERVER1_SCC.log

trunksy
Level 2
Accredited
 BTW, I'm trying to do an in-place upgrade since I'm trying to keep all my data. Thanks!