cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Backup runs every scheduled night except Monday. No Errors, Doesn't even Kickoff.

MDillon
Not applicable
We have a client that is having an issue where there scheduled Monday backup does not run. (They are using a single tape drive.)For instance, the schedule includes Monday -Friday for backups. Each Tuesday-Thursday the client arrives in the morning and changes the tape, then next day the backup runs. On Friday night the backup runs and needs an extra tape. The tape gets changed on Monday morning when the client arrives, and the backup completes. The client changes the tape, however the backup never runs on Monday night, and it doesn't appear to even attempt to kickoff. I can see where the maintenance is taking place throughout the day. There are no error messages that appear in the event viewer in Microsoft, nor the backup exec logs. I originally assumed the tape wasn't being changed on Monday after the backup runs, but it should at least throw an error for needed a new tape. The backup isn't kicking off on Monday. This one has be a mystery. We recreated the job 1 time, and this fixed the issue for about 2 weeks. We restarted the services and the server itself and this fixed the problem for about 1 week. This problem is now a mystery to me. Any ideas? They are using symantec backup exec 11 d. Thanks for any insight.
1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Would suggest checking that the selection list time windows are aligned with the backup job time window