cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled job moves forward by a day whenever the job is edited ?

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
Whenever I edit a job scheduled to run every weekday the start time in the Job Monitor/Jobs List moves forward by a day.
The only way I've found to get the start day back to when it should be is to set the job to run once then set it back to the required schedule again.

Is this a bug?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Have you configured the jobs with policies?

-- How did you plan the jobs?

-- Is this a problem with all the scheduled jobs?

Thank You,

Shweta

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
No, not using policies

These were jobs converted from BE10 during the upgrade

It's not happening to new jobs, I've re-created all the jobs now and everything seems to be OK

Thanks

Daniel_Krage
Level 3
I am having the same problem.  I had to change the notification list for several jobs.  Following this change each job was pushed ahead one day. 

I had to change job schedule to run at some arbitrary point in the future and submit it. 

Then I re-edited the schedule back to what it should be.  The jobs are back on schedule again.  It shouldn't be this complicated.

David_Kocmoud
Level 3
Same problem here too, but it happened with a weekly weekend job, so it jumped to the next weekend.  :\

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This is a known problem that is "under investigation"  See http://support.veritas.com/docs/288393

The workaround is:

Change the job schedule type from "run according to schedule" to  "run on" in the job properties 'Schedule' pane and set it to some time in the future so that it doesn't start running right away. Save the job by clicking  Submit'.  Edit the job once again and change it back to a run according to schedule and recreate the desired scheduling. Click 'Submit to save the job.