cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled jobs do not appear in the job monitor

Level 2
Scheduled jobs do not appear in the job monitor, but they still run and are displayed while the job is running.

Exacly as documented in Document ID: 270443 (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/270443.htm)

How do I resolve this issue?
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I request you to refer to the following technote and check if it resolves the issue:

Scheduled Jobs do not appear in the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x Job Monitor.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/269622

If it does not help then please revert.

Regards.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Level 2
Hi.

This did not help me. I did how ever notice in sgmon.log the following errors:
beserver: 0x0bd4 -1-0420:193812:Registered virtual array rowset(6): Client:HOSTNAME, Type:MD_OBJTYPE_JOBHISTORY
beserver: 0x08e8 13-0420:193812:Query(CBemTaskDefinition) :: m_schedule->GetObject() failed
beserver: 0x08e8 13-0420:193812:Query(CBemTaskDefinition) :: m_schedule->GetObject() failed
beserver: 0x08e8 08-0420:193812:AdammAdminBO: Get - NULL MEDIA_SET
beserver: 0x08e8 08-0420:193812:AdammAdminBO: end get.

Which indicate my delema.

Kind Regards.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Perform the "Reload from base" to troubleshoot this issue.

Note:After doing "Reload from mbase" All media sets, backup-to-disk folders, and other settings will have to be created or configured again.

Important: The following procedure will delete the user's Backup Exec data (jobs, selection lists, etc), and install a blank database.

You can perform the following steps to do the "reload from base"

1.Run BEUtility.exe from \Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT.

2.Click All Media Servers. If the server name does not appear in the upper right pane, right-click on All Media Servers, and click New Media Server.

3.Enter the server name and click OK.

4.Then the server name should be displayed in the upper right pane. Right-click on the server name. Click Recover Database.

5.Click Drop existing database and reload from base, and click OK. If the blank database is reloaded successfully, all the services will be started during that step

If this does not resolve the issue we suggest you to contcat our telephone support cause this issue needs a personnel attention.Our technical representatives will assist you.
You can visit our website http://support.veritas.com

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.Message was edited by:
deepali

Level 2
Hi.

This issue has been resolved. I was able to delete a curropt job selection list which was cosing the problem which I was unable to delete for 12 days.

Kind regards
Jón Elías

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per customer's previous reply, marking the post as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.