cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules changed after time change

Matt_Vaughan
Level 4
It seems all my schedules shifted back an hour after the time change. When viewing the job schedules individually, they're correct. What's going on here?
6 REPLIES 6

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Yeah, I've seen it myself with our backups in the past. I think what causes it is when you have backups which start/finish near to the time change, and it gets confused. I think Backup Exec must use a relative time or something, so if a backup starts at say 9pm, and finishes at 11pm, it will get rescheduled for 9pm. However when the clocks go back this time will also get moved back, so it will now be scheduled at 8pm. Anything which runs after the clocks changed won't get moved, since their times are already set, and when they complete they will be scheduled correctly as the time has already changed.

Of course I could be wrong, and since it's a fair bit of effort to simulate, I only get to see it once or twice a year.

Nimai_Sood
Level 3
Hi,

Thank your for posting your query,

Final Error Description: "Schedules changed after time change"

Following daylight savings time clock adjustments, VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers regularly scheduled jobs will occur one hour before or one hour after the previously defined schedule. This will only
occur once until the scheduled jobs normalizes to accommodate daylight savings time. No action is necessary to resolve this issue, Backup Exec will automatically correct itself following this one-time occurrence. To avoid
the second instance of jobs running the day after the switch to or from daylight savings time,jobs may be placed
on hold or canceled prior to the time change.
Please follow these Technotes..

Document ID: 267203
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267203
Document ID: 264531
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264531

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more
than happy to assist you further.
Regards

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

I would like to know if the above has helped you in resolving the issue.

If no then please revert with the latest updates.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered threads’ pool.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.

Justin_Guidroz
Level 3
I think its pretty unprofessional of a company to post a workaround that involves changing the start time of your jobs every time the times changes. I can see if you had one or two jobs that run, but I have 42 jobs I have to go change now every time the time changes.

First SP3 leaves the servers vulnerable, SP4 won't install, and now this time BUG. Obviously Veritas likes to keep providing its customers with reasons to find other software to handle backups.

Justin_Guidroz
Level 3
I've tried the work around in the links that were given, and well, they didn't really work. Our jobs are supposed to start at 6. Since the time change they start at 7. So I took my job scheduled for last night, changed the start time from 6 to 5 to make it start at 6. And well guess what, it started at 5.

So this question is not answered.