cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling an unlock job in BE2012

Steve_Kratz
Level 4
Partner

I have a remote customer that swaps tapes in a drive each day for their daily backup (It's a robotic library, but they only half-fill one tape). On the old BE2010r3, I could schedule an unlock to run when appropriate so they wouldn't have to call to have be do that step for them. BE2012 just fires those jobs off immediately without any sort of schedule option.

Is there a way to do this scheduled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can schedule this command using the Windows scheduler or use it as a post-command in one of your jobs.

c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Submit-BEUnlockJob -RoboticLibraryDevice '"Robotic library 0001"'

Note that "Robotic library 0001" is just an example.  You should get the name of your tape library by issuing this cmdlet

Get-BERoboticLibraryDevice

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can schedule this command using the Windows scheduler or use it as a post-command in one of your jobs.

c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Submit-BEUnlockJob -RoboticLibraryDevice '"Robotic library 0001"'

Note that "Robotic library 0001" is just an example.  You should get the name of your tape library by issuing this cmdlet

Get-BERoboticLibraryDevice

Steve_Kratz
Level 4
Partner

Thanks! I'll give that a whirl.