cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling is being pushed out

Internal_Power
Level 2

I have looked everywhere for answers to why my backups are being pushed out +8 hours (all of them). I am running BE2010R2 build 4164 on Win 2008 R2 server. the availabity window is wide open

I have tried blowing away the jobs and recreated them, as soon as I exit BE and reopen BE they all change

I have tried working with one job backing up one server the same thing happens as above.

any help would be great!

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

May I know what is the the Time zone where you or server is located??

We are seeing some issues with BE2010 R2 on Windows 2008 R2 server where scheduled jobs are 5 hours off.  Meaning the job is scheduled for 9PM and the GUI is displaying 2AM.  Placing the job on hold shows the correct time of 9PM.

The jobs run at the expected time 9PM.

So far we have only heard of customer cases in North America EST (Eastern Time Zone) which would be an 5 hour GMT offset. 

Customers noticed this after Daylight savings change in November.  Creating and scheduling a new jobs experiences the same issue.

Also you can try to update BE 2010 R2 with SP1. Here is the link to download and install SP1:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH143670

Also push out the remote agents again to update them.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Internal_Power
Level 2

Thanks for responding, we do have SP1 installed and we are located on the North America West Coat (PST). This is a brand new server up on 11/05/2010 and Backup Exec was installed after Daylight savings had started 11/09/2010.

if you add the 5 + the three hour difference between the east and west coasts it sounds like it's possible that this issue might be effecting a wider user base or it could be a weird coincidence.