cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run a job during 1 month only inside an hour range

eduzav
Level 4

I uses backup exec 2010 and I need to setup a job to run only inside an hour range, because the system is down during that range. And the idea is that the job pauses and re starts at the following day during one month. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Eduardo

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Will the backup complete in one hour ?

What you can do is to select "Cancel backup job if not completed within:" setting to 1 hours.

The job will cancel, but if the backup is not completed within the hour, you will never have a complete or usefull backup.

eduzav
Level 4

The windows backup will be two hours for day and normally the backup job elapsed time is 24hours, so I want to schedule the backup to run partially on some days during the system down time.

I don't want cancel the job.

Thanks

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ah okay, you would like to pause a job, wait for 23 hours, and then to continue for an hour, and wait again.......

No as far as I know there is not such a feature in Backup Exec.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Nope once backup exec starts a standard job, if the job is not allowed to finish it will be incomplete and the next backup will start again.

You might be able to achieve something with CPS and replication - although I am not sure that will even meet your requirements.

eduzav
Level 4

Yes, that is the idea, I think that BE 2010 hasn't incorporated that function or feature.........

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can post your request in the idea section:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/ideas

If more people request it, you may have a chance that it will be implemented in a feature release.