cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema for Job Log XML files

Jason_Rodman
Level 2
Does anyone know if there is a published schema for the backup job log xml files created by backup exec? I am trying to build a reporting app that reads these files and I didnt want to guess what each element is for.
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

We apolojise for ansewering Late. Have you got your Querry resolved?

If not could you please Elaborate on the issue please.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Jason_Rodman
Level 2
I had to write a program to read every part of hundreds of logs to get an idea of all the different information in them. I was hoping there was a published spec for them so I dont miss anything.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello jason,
Backup Exec itself has several inbuilt reports for this exact purpose, you could explore these.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Jason_Rodman
Level 2
I had looked at the reports you mentioned, but they are not easy to read programmatically. I needed to gather backup information from our entire network into a database for our reporting needs and the log files were the source. Nobody has answered my original question yet whether there is a published schema for these files. So far I am guessing no.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Is there a published schema for the backup job log xml files created by backup exec?
* No, published schema as of such.

The given Reports in BEWS 10d may help you.

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269777.htm

page number 547 onwards ..

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.