cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for e-mails in restore jobs of BE2010

molotov
Level 4
Is it possible to search catalogs for backed-up e-mails by any attribute?
If no - will this feature be included in next releases?
7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
You cannot search email by any attribute as the Grt backup works in a different way ie If the backup is to disk the catalog infromation is generated automatically as it reads the database files which are in native format .
And on the other hand when the data is backed up to tape it writed the databse files in native format 1st and then writes the catalog information . So this is the limitation for GRt technology ... But would suggest your to post this idea as this enhancement wold make life of many customer easy

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
have posted this idea for you https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/search-individual-email-restore-job

teiva-boy
Level 6
I doubt this will happen from a BE perspective, when Symantec already sells Enterprise Vault or the Archiving option of BE2010 for Exchange.

Why "enhance," something, when they sell a solution already?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yup I agree with what tevia-boy said that we have enterprise vault which can be a solution but Enterprise vault is too expensive and not all can afford ... So enhancement would be good for those who cannot afford enterprise Vault

teiva-boy
Level 6
Like I said, there is also the Exchange Archiving option for BackupExec 2010, it's a lower cost alternative to Enterprise Vault.  

molotov
Level 4
Thanks a lot for solution. It's not easy to find a solution in symantec's large catalog :)

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
could mark the post as resolved.... Cheers