cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second job for GRT on Linux?

paolo_francolin
Level 4

Hi all

sorry for the usual argument but i am a bit confused, been reading lot of replies about this but i still see a bit of fog...

I know i cannot do a granular backup of a Linux VM, so if i want be able to restore a single file of vms running linux i must do a regular backup using the RALUS agent.

Now the question is: becouse i have lots of vms Linux based i'd like to backup them as a vm on first step couse it is much much faster, and then do a second job for each one, this time agent based, to backup just the dirs where i'll need single file restore

I know this can be a waste of space on storage, but for what i've seen this is the only way to have GRT backups in a Linux (CentOS) VM, is it right?

Thx in adance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yes thats right . For GRT backup you need to take backup using the RALUS agent. Also make sure the linux version which you are running is Compatible with backup exec.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yes thats right . For GRT backup you need to take backup using the RALUS agent. Also make sure the linux version which you are running is Compatible with backup exec.

paolo_francolin
Level 4

Ok, perfect :)

Thx for the reply!