cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Network backup issues

alandavid
Level 4
 I'm having problems configuring my backups to run via a different network card. Here is my setup.

One server which is my backup server, running Backup Exec 10d with a Dell LTO2 drive.

3 other servers which host misc. files and programs, they have the Backup Exec 10d remote agents for windows installed.

Backups work great, they've been going flawlessly for the last few weeks. I finally received our new managed gigabit switch. I'm segmenting it into 2 vlans, one is for the servers communication and the lan and the other is for inter-server communications (backups and transfers). I'm trying to configure Backup Exec to use this NIC, I created a test job to backup one server and use the second nic (on the seperate vlan), I used "user defined" selections and it found the server and the drives.

I get the following error -

Backup 00011 -- The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.

Is the remote agent somehow linked to that NIC/IP address? This isn't a crucial problem but it's a project I'm working on and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
if you run backup exec 10 goto the remote agent server and locate program files\veritas\backup exec\rant\vxmon.exe

You can bind the remote agent to a nic
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shirmal
Level 5
if you run backup exec 10 goto the remote agent server and locate program files\veritas\backup exec\rant\vxmon.exe

You can bind the remote agent to a nic
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal