cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Directories not backing up with error code: V-79-57344-65033

mark_woods
Level 3
Hi there,

I am having a small problem with backing up an exchange mailbox. This problem only seems to affect a small amount of directories in one mailbox.

Other users seem to be backed up ok, and other directories in the account seem to be backed up ok.

I have tried creating a new selection list from scratch without succes. I have also checked with the user to make sure the directories concerned are still present, which they were. The user has not been deleted from the Active Directory. The name of the directory in the job log appears consistent with that on the selection list.

The error message repeats about 20 times for different directories in the following format:

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory .Tom Cripps .Top of Information Store.Candidates.tina morgan - 15552 and its subdirectories.

Please advise if you need any other relevant information.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

null
16 REPLIES 16

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

The following Dokument could be of help:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266219

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

mark_woods
Level 3
Many thanks for your reply.

The server antivirus is scheduled to run at 0800. The backup runs at 0300 and takes around an hour and a half, so I would guess it is unlikely to be an interaction between a virus check and the backup.

Having said that the single instance backup of emails was set up so I have unchecked it and will see what happens when it runs tonight!

mark_woods
Level 3
Just checked this morning and the backup has run with the same error code.

mark_woods
Level 3
I have also tried:

1) unselecting the directory where it was failing, running a backup and then reselecting
2) restarting the server

I have also checked with the user to make sure the directories are there and that they have not been moved or deleted and he has confirmed they are still there.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- What happens when you exclude the files that show as corrupt?

Thank You.

mark_woods
Level 3
The user concerned had the following directory structure:

Top of information store / candidates / candidate name / email name

Where 'candiate name' was lots of directories with candidate names and the 'email name' was lots of emails relating to each candidate.

I unchecked the 'candidates' directory, leaving the other directories for the same user at the same level checked (i.e. the user was not totally excluded from the backup).

The backup then ran through with no errors.

However, I want to back up the users entire mailbox, and can see no obvious reason why those particular emails should be excluded.

Please also note that the list of directories not backed up remains static (if that is any help!)Message was edited by:
mark woods

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Try creating a new job for the entire selections and check the results.
Also refer to the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276561

Regards.

mark_woods
Level 3
I have already tried recreating the job with no success.

I have setup backupexec to use the administrator account as authority for the backup. On reading through the knowledgebase article mentioned it seems to state that the problem is it is unable to access mailboxes.

However in this instance it is backing up the vast majority of this users mailbox. It is just a few directories within the mailbox that are being left.

Having said that I will give it a try overnight but am not to optimistic! :)

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

Thanks,

mark_woods
Level 3
Tried creating a new user with admin rights, and then got backupexec to use it as per the knowledgebase, and it failed with the same error.

Any thoughts?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Check the following technote

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276561

Thanks

mark_woods
Level 3
that is exactly the same advice as your collegue gave a couple of posts back. I had tried this and it had not worked.

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Mark,

Please refer to following technote and verify the results:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276132

Title: and its subdirectories." ]

Regards,

mark_woods
Level 3
sorry this is not the problem.

On the text selection the directory within that users mailbox is not named. Instead there is a text selection as follows:

\\PUK-SVR\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes|*.* /SUBDIR

So that is not the problem.

I have tried going through the knowledgebase and trying out any knowledge base articles with the error code : V-79-57344-65033 and none had managed to resolve the problem.

mark_woods
Level 3
I have found out how to fix the problem. I noted that the user had a directory called candidates. In that directory were a large number of subdirectories.

The error messages that were appearing showed some of the subdirectories failing to back up. On looking at repeated failed backups I noticed that the directories at the end of the alphabetical order were failing to backup, and overtime more directories were being included (presumably as the size of the directory grew).

I then did a test by splitting the 'Candidates' directory into two new directories, and roughly halving the amount of subdirectories in it.

At this point the backup completed successfully.

Can you please explain to me why Veritas backup will fail if there are too many subdirectories in a directory and whether there is any fix for this apart from advising the user to have less subdirectories?

Many thanks.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Document:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830829/en-us

Thank You,

Shweta