cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection List: Graphical & Text List

Charlie_Clark
Level 2
Selection List: Graphical & Text List.

with the selection list, does BackupExec 10.0 strickly use one or the other? or does it combine the two?

i have found items in the text selection list which are not selected in the gui selection list.
I discoverd this as I thought i'd iron out the current reasons the backup reports a fail and saw items which have been deleted from hd & removed from the backup selection gui list but are still listed in the text list version...

so which would be the master list? or is it a combination and i'll have to side by side compare to build a new one?
3 REPLIES 3

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
The text list is the one the job will use.

The GUI will reflect what is currently available, but there is no way for the GUI to reflect things you previously selected that are no longer there.

A good best practice when using file selection lists is to select all things in the GUI (check mark the top level of the volume(s) and then go through the list and specifically uncheck only those items (like \Recycler) you do not wish to back up.

This will eliminate many 'failed' jobs that are really out-of-date specific directory selection lists, and will protect you if someone creates a new directory to store information without telling you it needs to be backed up!

Roland_Apacway
Level 3
The text list should represent what is selected in the graphical list?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note taht the graphical selections is just a GUI for the text selections.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.