cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System logon account "access denied"

Rav_Sohi
Level 2
Having upgraded to V10 we have had numerous problems but for the sake of my own sanity, i'll try and resolve one issue at a time. The system logon account can't access the Public Folder store on our exchange server. Have checked permissions and the system account is a member of domain admins with privileges to the whole network.
Have also explicitly added the system account to the security settings of the public folder store all to no avail.

Server details:
Windows Server 2000 SP4
BExec v10 SP1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
Overland Library
Sony AIT (internal) tape drive

another problem ( i know i said i wouldn't but...) is that windows device manager shows our Sony AIT tape drive as using SCSI ID0 which is incorrect. SCSI bios shows that the device is on ID3. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the Bexec and checked and updated drivers for both tape drive and SCSI card.

Many many thanks guys

Rav Sohi
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In our endeavour to provide accurate, comprehensive, and prompt Technical Support Services, we request you to submit a fresh support query for each new issue. This would enable us to exercise better control in monitoring the issue and enhance our service offerings.

In this case we iwll troubleshoot the issue of System logon account "access denied"

Perform the following steps which will help in resolving the issue.
1. Create a new account.
2. Add this account to the local administrator of both the machines. Also,
add this account to the Domain Admins group.
3. Now, create a new logon account. Do not select the system logon account.
Refer to the following technote on how to create a logon account in order to protect resources to backup.

How to change the logon account for a resource selected for back up
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/250649.htm
Ensure that this account has sufficient rights on the remote machine being
protected.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.