cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers and Installations fails to open

Josh_Green
Level 3
When I attempt to lauch Serial Numbers and Installations..from the file menu (TOOLS-->Serial Numbers and INstallations..) the application never opens. I have the same problem with Install Remote Agents...

This was working prior to my upgrade from 9.1 to 10.

Any ideas?

-Josh
11 REPLIES 11

Josh_Green
Level 3
Short of re-installing type of answers please.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Has the installation been successful, are all the backup exec services running on the server? Do you get any errors when the application fails to open? If yes, do mention them.

You can also try repairing the databse from the following technote:

Title: How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Hope this helps. If the problem persists, do write back to the forum.
However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Josh_Green
Level 3

Has the installation been successful, are all the backup exec services running on the server? Do you get any errors when the application fails to open? If yes, do mention them.

It was successful and all services are running. I do not get any errors every.

You can also try repairing the databse from the following technote:

Title: How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

I did run this repair per the support page you suggested. I am still getting the same lack of screens.

Please advise.

Regards.
-Josh

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Was the server rebooted after the upgrade? Sometimes little glitches cause things like this.

Josh_Green
Level 3
Yes it was rebooted then SP1 was applied and then rebooted again.

Thanks.

Mike_Currie
Level 2
I am having the exact same problem. I have 10.0 for SBS installed on a Windows 2003 SBS server. I had entered the serial number when installing. I can open the program, the services are running, things are backing up etc, however the program is showing up as being an Evaluation version when it is clearly not. I try to open the serial number screen to check/re-enter it but nothing happens when I click on it. I have the besernum.xml in the windows folder with the correct serial number.

Any ideas on how to fix this without re-installing?

Josh_Green
Level 3
Good to know I am not the only one with the problem. I haven't found a problem yet and have little help from this forum thus far. So far I am not impressed with Verities' support for their support forum.

Let us know if you find a solution.

Thanks.

Mike_Currie
Level 2
I think I might just re-install. I'll wait 2 weeks and hopefully we will get a response and then I'll just redo the whole thing. Very inconvienent, but I can't have the eval expire or something and then not be doing backups.

How far are you from having yours expire? Oh, also, do you see it in add/remove programs? All I see in there is Veritas Update. I guess to uninstall it's going to be a manual delete and cleaning of the registry. =/

Josh_Green
Level 3
My install did allow me to properly register the new Veritas codes, but I cannot open the Serial tab to view anything. SO i guess I am assuming mine is not insatlled as eval mode, since i cannot check.

I did run SP1 for ver 10.0 as well as a few hot fixes, but I just noticed if I go to HELP--ABOUT and choose "Installed Updaets" it says none. Interesting...

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please run a repair installa tion

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Josh_Green
Level 3
The reinstall fixed the issue. I just wish it would have only fixed my alert on success issue.

Thank you.