cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Enviornment Check - Additional non-working drive

John_Bielot
Level 3
Hi,

In preparation for upgrading from v9.1 (4454), I ran the v10 (5520) Server Enviornment Check against my media server. In the Tape Device Information section, I received a warning - One or more devices on this computer are either not connected or not working. Everything else was OK.

I ran Backup Exce and looked under Device | All Devices, and it only lists the (2) devices that I have - an HP Ultrium-1 and a Quantum DLT7000. I believe the device that cannot be found, is another DLT700 that failed and was replaced by the current one.

Windows Device Manager only shows (2) drives.

Any ideas on where I can go in Windows to remove the no longer used Quantum DLT7000 device?

Thanks.

John
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- To delete the device that you no longer use, perform Disable and Delete operation on that device.
- Also stop RSM service.
- Reboot the server

- Does this device show up in Windows?
- Which drivers are you using?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_Bielot
Level 3
Hi,

I'm not sure where to go to disable and delete the device. When I go into BENT v9.1 and click on the Devices tab, the drive is NOT listed. As I indicated in my original post, it is NOT listed under Windows Device Manager.

I'm assuming that it's in the registry *somewhere*, but I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

John

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technote to remove all entries for tape devices that are not available. After this reboot the server and verify the results.
Title:
How to install and uninstall VERITAS Tape Device Drivers using Tapeinst.exe utility
http://support.veritas.com/docs/243636

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.