cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Service Cannot start

Ata_G_r_n
Level 2
I've installed Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers 10.d on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. After instaling, I see that the "Backup Exec Server" service cannot start. When I click start, tells me "The Backup Exec Server Service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance Logs and Alerts service". I looked at the Event Viewer and the error is; "The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536837662) occurred in object 11".

I changed the service logon accounts to "Local System Account" but the result is the same.

And I tried the allow local and remote access from the DCOM Config (dcomcnfg) for that account (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275032.htm), but the same.

Pls help me.
6 REPLIES 6

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you installed backup exec in existing SQL instance or have you created a new MSDE instance?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ata_G_r_n
Level 2
Hi,
I tried two of these options (MSDE and MSSQL Server)and still having same error.
And also tried on Windows 2000 Server with MSDE and SQL Server. Same result.
Thanx a lot...

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Perform the repair database of Backup Exec.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ata_G_r_n
Level 2
I did, but the same...

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
In the installation procedure of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 , you can
add check mark to "case-sensitive" option to create instances. To avoid this problem , create SQL Server 2000 instance without
"case-sensitive" option .
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Ata_G_r_n
Level 2
Hello again, I solved the problem. I'm from Turkey and also my regional settings are all Turkish settings.

When I install Veritas 10.0d (to all platforms) I receive that error. If I change the regional settings to English settings and re-install the program, it works.

Thanks for your support.