cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not authorized

Tom_Siehl
Level 2
This is a new implementation of BackupExec. At the moment, I have one server and a remote agent to backup one additional server. The scheduled job that I have configured works on the local server but does not work on the remote server. This is the error that I get:

Error category : Other Errors
Error : e0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

I searched the forum and found one other person getting the same error and the solution in that case was to recreate the selection list. I tried this but it did not help. These servers are in a workgroup environment. I was not able to perform a remote install of the agent. I had to manually install the agent on the remote server. Could this be causing the problem that I have here? The "BackupExec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" service is present on the remote server and is running. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom
3 REPLIES 3

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Was Backup Exec initially installed as an eval version?

What sort of a backup are you trying ?

Please check whether all the corresponding serial numbers are entered on the media server.

This error generally occurs because the eval version offers all Backup Exec Agents which is not true for a licensed version.

Please refer to the following document:

Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec" (a0009418 HEX or e0009418 HEX) is reported during a job after changing the licensed mode of VERITAS Backup Exec (tm)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/257059

Hope it helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Tom_Siehl
Level 2
This copy was not installed as an eval version first. I input the server serial number in when I installed it. Afterwards, I input the remote agent serial number. The remote agent serial number is in the software. I am trying to do a weekly full backup of the system. I do not have the SQL option installed on this server. The selection list also does not have any SQL databases selected. The error first shows up when the software tries to backup data on the server with the remote agent installed on it. Hope this extra info helps. Thanks.

Tom

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- Verify the version of the remote agent installed on the remote server.
-- Verify if the Backup Exec remote agent service is running under Local system account on both the servers i.e on th ebackup exec server as well as on the remote server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.