cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server order

Banfi
Level 5

Hi everybody!

On BE 2010 was possible to change the order of the servers for backup. On BE 2012 I can't to find this option.
How the BE 2012 work for backup the servers orders?

Thanks,

Bruno Banfi

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Bruno,

BE 2010 was server centric whereas BE 2012 is Resource centric.

In BE 2012 you create different jobs for each servers. So there is not question of resource order.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Banfi
Level 5

I have a job (20 VM) and I would like to change the order.

Thanks for the answer Sush!

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Bruno,

If you want to change the resource order of the VMs then here is the technote which explains the process about how to do so.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190656 : How to change the backup order of VMware Virtual Machines in Backup Exec 2012

My previous post was refering to changing resource order of physical machines which can not be done in BE 2012. But changing resource order of VMs is possible.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that if you follow the method in the document referenced above to set your VM backup order, you would have to manage any additions/deletions to your list of VM's.  This will not be done automatically for you because you are not selecting the top level of the VM's.  The document mentions what needs to done for additions, but it did not say that you would have to manually delete a VM from your selection list if you have deleted the VM.

Sush---
Level 6

Hello PKH,

The document mentions what needs to done for additions, but it did not say that you would have to manually delete a VM from your selection list if you have deleted the VM.

Thanks for this information. I will test this further and probably add it to the technote as that will help to improve the quality of the technote. Appreciated.

Thanks,

-Sush...