cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServerFree Option

Tony_Smith_2
Level 3
I am currently running BackupExec v10. We just put in an EMC SAN with a Celerra datamover. The Celerra is capable of NDMP server-free backups. I look through the Backup Exec manual and see a reference to a ServerFree option for Backup Exec, however, I cannot seem to find anywhere that I can purchase this. The only thing I can find is a ServerFree Option whitepaper that directs me to HP. I would like to know if this option is available.
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

The option can be acquired.You can contact our sales team at the following link regarding questions on options and their purchases. Here is the link:

Hope that helps. In case of further doubts, write back to the forum.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Marcel_van_Dr2
Level 2
Priya,

I have just been told by a symantec representative that NDMP and BackupExec won't work. What's the solution if i want to make a fast backup of a Celerra using BackupExec?

TNX,

Marcel

Tony_Smith_2
Level 3
I think I have finally figured out that the ServerFree option is only sold with Backup Exec when you purchase an HP branded solution.