cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servers running out of disk space

Mark_Buckley_2
Level 3
I have two servers that are in trouble. During the backups, the drives are nearing capacity. When I check the servers in the morning, there are error messages saying that the hard drives are near capacity. I have freed up some space, but not enough. I assume that it is happening when the backup exec connects to the server and begins to copy files, and temporary files are created. Is there a way that I can reduce the size of these temporary files?
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Are you using the Advanced Open File Option on the backups of these two servers? If so you might need to consider if using OFO or having disk capacity is more important. When OFO creates it's snapshot of the volume to be backed up it I believe it creates the snapshot file on the server being backed up rather than on the backup server itself, so during the course of that backup you'll see the available disk space go down significantly, until such time as the backup has completed and the snapshot file is deleted automatically.

Keith

Mark_Buckley_2
Level 3
I have been using AOFO. I will try turning it off for my backups tonight. I will respond in this forum as to how they run. Thanks!

Mark_Buckley_2
Level 3
It worked and it didn't. I turned off the AOFO and the servers did not lose as much space, but the hard drives are still nearing capacity.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Can you use something like TreeSize to figure out where the empty space is disappearing?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta