cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack 2 and hotfix 24

Paul_White_3
Level 2
I was running media server version 10 revision 5484 with no service packs or hot fixes installed. I installed service pack 2. Now when I run Veritas Update on my server, it tells me that I need to install hotfix 24, but when I download hotfix 24 and try to install it the installation fails with a message saying that service pack 1 is required.

What do I need to do to get hotfix 24 installed? Or is hotfix 24 really not required if service pack 2 is installed?
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec 10.0 rev 5484 SP2 contains all the hotfixes included in SP1 as well as those unique to SP2. However you will need to install hotfix 24 separately.

In case you get such errors, you may try installing SP1 followed by hotfix 24.

Do write back to the forum if the problem persists. However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Elyes_Benhamou
Level 2
I have installed the Sp1 than Hotfix24 with no errors But do I need to re-install SP2.
Regards,

Paul_White_3
Level 2
Thanks, that worked. I installed sp1 over sp2 then installed hot fix 24. I was concerned that installing sp1 would overwrite some of the files that were updated in sp2, but that doesn't seem to have happened. When I run Veritas Update it still says that I need to install sp1, but I can live with that.