cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services indicator in Symantec Backup Exec 2010

mdzale
Level 3
Hello

I have 3 servers with Windows server 2008 x64 enterprise SP2.
OS is fully updated.

On each server I have installed Symantec BE 2010 and also I installed all available updates.
One servers has CASO option installed. 

On that server that has CASO option installed in Symantec console services indicator always states that services are down.

But if I go to services mmc console on server I can see taht services are up and running.

All jobs are working fine.

Does anyone have problem like this?
Does anyone have solution?

Regards,
Marinko Dzale
4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
If in this state you click the "start all services" button and watch the service names that it attempts to start does it list any that are not present in the list of services that you have - My guess is that BE still thinks a compnent (for instance DLO or similar) is installed that you don't actually have installed hence it is looking for a servcie running that is not present and reporting incorrectly.

C.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
What happens when to click  start all services ? that would probably give you some hint how to proceed

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Got the SAME issues myself...I am hoping BE 2010 R2 solves this, but I have had it since 11d...
Check your antivirus and make sure it isn't stopping the services for some or other reason...I have seen McAfee do that, as well as McAfee HIPS!

mdzale
Level 3
Dear Colin & Rahul,
when I click start sevices they all start in 1 second. You know that in normal circumstances it takes abou 20-30 seconds ofr services to start.

Dear Craig,
Actually BE services  were never stopped in windows they just appear as stopped in Symantec 2010.