cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services on a Backup Exec Cluster

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
Hallo togehter...

I have here a Backup exec Cluster. This Microsoft Cluster is backuped by another Backup Exec Server (the primary Backup Exec Server).
In last backups i get the information, that the MSQL DB couldn´t be read during the backup, so I had a look on it and think that the configuration of the backup exec services is not right.
On node 1 local Backup Exec Services ar down, on node 2 they ar running.
In Backup Exec I see under the menu machines, that node 1 os offline, node 2 online...

in the clusteradministration of windows the veritag grup is online, on node 2.

on the virtual machine the local backup exec services are running.

shouldnt i see the virtual bakcup exec name instead of the both nodes?

i´m a little bit confused...

danijel
4 REPLIES 4

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
could please someone post how the services and cluster-server in backup exec are configured in his backup exec cluster environment?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Is Backup Exec installed in a cluster? From your Backup Exec server you will be able to see both the nodes ,as well as your virtual machines.

For the applications that are on the shared disk ,the virtual machine needs to be backed up.
If the virtual machines are not visible ,then try creating user defined selections and check if you can select them .

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
yes, it's installed on a microsoft windwos 2000 cluster...

but i see only the both nodes in backup exec.

what do you mean with "creating user defined selections"?

thanx

db

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Try the following technote and verify the results.
Title:
How to create a user-defined selection in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254193

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.