cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2003 - Restore of a Community Site (team site) - error

Jason_Starkey
Level 3
I receive the following error while testing a restore of a SharePoint Server 2003 site.  I'm not restoring the portal, just trying to simulate if a site is deleted can I restore it.

The backup seemed successful, and I can restore documents from it...but as far as restoring the complete site I get the following error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000351 - The document Library does not exist. Recreate the document Library,  and then try the job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-849

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Jason
8 REPLIES 8

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Jason,

This error indicates that Backup Exec was unable to switch SQL Server to single user mode to restore the master database. Backup Exec may not have logged on if the Reporting Services or other users obtained the single available logon before Backup Exec could.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Jason_Starkey
Level 3
So do I keep trying, or is there a work around, or a force option I can perform to make the restore occur?

Thanks,
Jason

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Jason.

Please look at the following technotes:

I have also seen this issue occur when there is a discrepancy with SQL, that would need to be corrected on your side. 

Patty

Jason_Starkey
Level 3
Patty,

Thank you very much for those articles, after performing the steps in the first article, it appears that the database does have a lock on it...for some reason the process that has it locked is the Portal creation task...not sure how to fix that, but it explains why the restore is not work....however that back seemed to work fine.

Thanks again!

Jason

Jason_Starkey
Level 3
Patty,

I have reviewed the technotes and am still having issues with restoring a Community Site.  I took a step down from trying to restore the entire site, to doing an individual document...that worked...and then tried to restore a document library with documents, that gives me the same error as mentioned before.

I also tried restoring a Document Library with no documents, and that stated it was restored successfully, however I do not see it in my Sharepoint anywhere, even Front Paging into the site I do not see it...so where did it restore it to???

I was going to now perform a backup and restore from the 2nd article you posted, where it states to use SharePoint's tools to verify that it works, however there are 4 of them included...which tool is the one I need to run to give us a result similar to what Backup Exec would be trying to do?

Stsadm.exe

SharePoint Migration tool(Smigrate.exe)

SharePoint Portal Server Data Backup and Restore utility (Spsbackup.exe)

SPBackup.exe

Thanks,

Jason

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
You would want to test

Spsbackup.exe

Let me know the results.

Patty

Jason_Starkey
Level 3
Patty,

I have tested using SPSBackup.exe and everything worked fine...short of restoring the entire Portal, which I do not want to do...only the sites.  But we encountered no issues using SPSBackup.exe provided by Microsoft.

Therefore I tried using Backup Exec 11d, with SharePoint agent again.  Before running a backup I checked that both agents are publishing to the media server.  I have a web server and a database server that are apart of the server farm for SharePoint 2003.

I select the entire sharepoint information to backup under the Server Farm node, and then run the Full backup...everything appears good...no issues.

I then go to my SharePoint and delete a document...perform a restore of the document and it works, no problem.

I then go to a document library, delete it, and then perform a restore.  I received the same error as before...The document library does not exist.  Recreate the document library and then try again.

I then manually recreate the document library, and rerun the job, and the document gets restored.

I then delete an entire site within the portal site, and try to perform a restore.  I receive the same error:  The document library does not exist.  Recreate the document library and then try again....after recreating the site manually....and then recreating the document libraries manually...the restore works....however the only things restore are the documents...nothing else.  There are a large portion of information within SharePoint that gets store in Lists...such as events, contact, announcements, etc, that do not appear to be restored when trying to restore the entire site.  And since the site was manually recreated...all characterisitcs of the site are not restored as it originially was. 

Therefore...the only thing I can seem to restore is a document...and that is it...nothing else...and I still get the document library error...I would suspect that Backup Exec would be able to restore an entire site, without assistance from me....and would be able to restore all characteristics of that site, such as lists, libraries, and documents, since all that information is store in the databases...and all the databases are being backed up.

On a side note, The portal creation tasks appears to be locking the database, and that is like that on 4 different systems I have looked at...so it appears to be a norm...and didn't think this would be an issue if SPSBackup.exe works.

Any help from here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason_Starkey
Level 3
???

Any response?