cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint Backup using SharePoint Agent Fails after upgrade to 2010 R2

frizzlefry
Level 3

Hello,

We just updated our BE 2010 install to 2010 R2. Ever since then, we get an error when we back up our sharepoint data using the share point agent, "The object was not found or could not be accessed." If I try and create a new backup job, when I select my farm it hangs then I get the error "None of the web servers for the specified server farm could be accessed." When I turn on logging and try and select my farm in a new backup job, I get the log error "BEREMOTE: [09/12/10 12:15:59] [4696]     [ndmp\ndmpcomm]      - ERROR: e000feff Error: unknown error". We are not having a problem backup up anything else anbd had been backing up SharePoint with 2010 for months, no problem.

Nothing has changed except upgrading from Backup Exec 2010 to Backup exec 2010 R2. What could be causing this?

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi Guys, suddenly i got the solution from Symantec Advance response team:

The problem was solved after making sure that the BE logon admin right in the backup Exec is the same as the Farm Admin account and SQL Server DB Owner.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After upgrading to R2, did you push out the agent again and re-boot your remote server?

Symanticus
Level 6

yes you'll need to update the Agent in the Server and then restart the server to make it in efffect.

frizzlefry
Level 3

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes, I updated the agent and have even tried uninstalling it and re-installing on the SharePoint server itself in addition to pushing it out....no go.

frizzlefry
Level 3

Anyone? I have submitted a ticket but not heard back from symantec at all. Still not working, can't re-add the farm. The symantec update from 2010 to 2010R2 caused this. There are a couple of other posts regarding this issue but no solutions.

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi Guys, suddenly i got the solution from Symantec Advance response team:

The problem was solved after making sure that the BE logon admin right in the backup Exec is the same as the Farm Admin account and SQL Server DB Owner.

Symanticus
Level 6

glad to hear that it is now solved man :)

Kiev
Level 2

Hi Albert, could you please explain what your mean about "making sure that the BE logon admin right in the backup Exec is the same as the Farm Admin account and SQL Server DB Owner"?""@"""  "

Thanks in advance

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi Kiev,

I register the DOMAIN\SPService user account into the SQL Server db_owner and then MOSS Farm admin account and then the BE backup account login.

It took me a while to figure it out before i can now able to perform the backup of this server.

Hope this helps

Kiev
Level 2

Thank you for your answer.

What is DOMAIN\SPService user account in your case? This is not Farm admint account? And not BE backup account?

In my case i have Farm admin account that have db_owner permission on all SharePoint DB`s and

i also have BE backup account that have sysadmin role on SQL Server. I added this account to SQL logins after SharePoint install.

But as i know database in SQL can have only one DB_owner at one time period and in my case this is Farm admin account.

I try to use mapping for BE backup account to SP Content_db and also i try add BE backup account to logins directly for this SP Content_db and map db_owner role. But this doesn`t help me.  

nigelg
Level 4

HI All.

What if the DB Owner is the SA account how do I configure the Backup this way?

Thanks.