cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint WSS 3.0, SharePoint Agent and BackupExec 2010 - privileges issue

manioro
Level 3

Hi,

I have two Servers 2003 one is running Exchange and File server and second is running SharePoint WSS 3.0.

I have recently bought license for BackupExec 2010, Agent for Exchange and Agent for SharePoint.  I did configured backup jobs for Exchange/File server however I've got some problem with configuring backup jobs for remote SharePoint server.

In backup job I added Server Farm, selected WSS db in order to update it, however I'm getting following results when I go to Resource Credentials tab and test Logon Account.

I have also installed SharePoint agent on remote server and I can see that it can comunicate with BackupExec Media server.

Administrator2 account have a full permision to our SharePoint db, I've tryied to use our default admin account, but got the same result.

Can anyone help please?:)

Best regards
Luu

3 REPLIES 3

grover75
Level 2

Hi

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm having similar problems backing up sharepoint.

Cheers

JonKohler
Not applicable
Partner

I am running into this same problem now. Can't seem to pin it down, but I can't, for the life of me, back this WSS instance up :(

Steve1716
Level 3

I'm having the same issue.  Does my DB server and the WSS server need to be backed up by 2010?  My DB server is currently being backed up by version 12d.