cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint - error Unable to query the team database metadata

brian_marshall_
Level 3
Running Backup Exec 11d (latest version) with HF6 on a Windows 2003 R2 64 Bit server.  I have installed the 64 Bit version of BackupExec 11d.  Sharepoint 2007 is installed on another Windows 2003 server .  It seems to backup ok but when going through verification I get the following error - Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000031a - Unable to query the team database metadata.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Any Ideas ?

Thank..............

8 REPLIES 8

GabeM
Level 2
Partner
I too have had this problem. The only way I can get a successful backup is if I omit (remove) the SharedServices databases from the backup job. That however, totally defeats my objective. ANY information would be greatly appreciated. I have been battling with this issue for about 2 weeks now.

Thx!

Errors from the job log:

Backup- SharedServices_1 - 90\Services-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_DB)
Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.

Backup- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_Search_DB)

Errors from the Exceptions list in the job log:

Backup- SharedServices_1 - 90\Services-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_DB)
WARNING: "SharedServices_1 - 90\Services-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_DB)\SharedServices1_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Backup- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_Search_DB)
WARNING: "Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_Search_DB)\SharedServices1_Search_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Verify- SharedServices_1 - 90\Services-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_DB)
WARNING: "SharedServices1_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Verify- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (ServerName\SQLSPS\SharedServices1_Search_DB)
WARNING: "SharedServices1_Search_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

SteveSON
Level 3
Hi Gabe,
We've been getting almost exactly the same error and exception messages in the job log that you have been getting.  Have you found any solution to this problem yet?  Thanks.

Steve

ERRORS

Backup- SERVER1 PORTAL SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_DB)

Backup- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_Search_DB)

EXCEPTIONS

Backup- SERVER1 PORTAL SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_DB)
WARNING: "SERVER1 PORTAL SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_DB)\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Backup- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_Search_DB)
WARNING: "Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_Search_DB)\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_Search_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Verify- SERVER1 PORTAL SharedServices\Services-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_DB)
WARNING: "SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Verify- Shared Search Index\Search-DB 1 (SERVER2\SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_Search_DB)
WARNING: "SERVER1PORTALSharedServices_Search_DB" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

GabeM
Level 2
Partner
Hi Steve,

No, unfortunately I have not been able to resolve it. According to Symantec, I have to purchase their product before they give me any support -  which baffles me, cause with no solution they are going to lose a sale. It just does not make sense... but there is nothing I can do.

I have come up with a workaround however, using a scripted stsadm command which backs up my farm, and  then you can use any backup utility to backup those files. I know this is probably not what you wanted but I would be happy to share that with you if would like. gabem[at]rjbsys[dot]com

Please update this thread if you have any more luck than I've had.

Thanks,

Gabe

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
Are you using SQL 2005 or SQL 2000?
Is this a multi-server installation of SharePoint/MOSS 2007?

I have seen an error like this and the solution for me was....

When the SharePoint installation created the databases for some reason the path was incorrect because of an additional backslash character in the path.  On SQL 2000 the additional backslash can be seen using the GUI, on SQL 2005 you must query the database from the command line to see the extra backslash.

I am also having a problem, but mine is detecting a multi-server SharePoint installation with BackupExec 11d with HF6 installed.

ME

SteveSON
Level 3
Hi Michael,

We have one MOSS 2007 server with one SQL 2005 server. 
I checked the path of the databases using osql & sp_helpfile stored procedure, and I didn't see any extra backslash. 

We have a support contract with Symantec, so I just created a new case with them on this problem. 
I'll let you all know how they respond.

Steve

GabeM
Level 2
Partner
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your contribution. I look forward to hearing what Symantec says about this.

Gabe

SteveSON
Level 3
Well, I just got off the phone with Symantec.  The technician reported that this is a known issue that the Backup Exec engineers are working on.  The technician gathered my logs from the BEUX server, the MOSS2007 server, and the SQL2005 server for the engineers to review.  They are supposed to notify me when there is a solution.  I'm guessing that there will be a hotfix for this.  I'll keep you all updated.

Steve

barryfl
Not applicable
Steve - You mentioned that this was a known issue with Symantec and that they were going to release a hotfix? - Did they ever get back to you?

I have this issue and I need to get it resolved! :)

Cheers,

Barry