cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sits on loading media

Glen_Prestidge
Level 3
Hi all

We have just upgraded to backup exec 10 or (a clean install of backup exec 10)

Basically what is happening i have sheduled backups going at 11 at night. Everymorning i come in it i sittin on loading media when the tape is in the drive.

Now i have quick formatted and re labled all the tapes at put them in a media set. Still has the problem. Lately i have been having to start the backup and wait there until the "tape in use" light comes on and listening to it writing away.

This is kind of getting crital at this stage any suggestions? or updates? Tape / software

This is in a brand new Acer G530 with a Sony AIT Turbo model SCSI AITI200S in it, on a separtate scsi for obvious reasons
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
You say that you have labeled all the tapes and put them in a media set. That would be where you problem is, as you shouldn't put the new tapes into the media set yourself, you should let Backup Exec to put them in there once it has done the backup job. Basically, once you put the tape into your media set, from that point, what ever overwrite protection period you have in place will then be applied to the tape.

If you look in the media section, look at the tapes and see if they are coloured black or blue, if they are black then you won't be able to overwrite the tape as the protection period is still in effect. If you move all the tapes into the Scratch media set, the overwrite protection period will be cleared, and you should then be able to run your job.

Keith

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Could you give us an update about the issue?

Regards
Padmaja