cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of BE File on disk is larger than in BE

Robert_Barrett
Level 2
Hi, we are running 10.1d on a backup server and using B2D to back up the remote servers. I have one server that has 27Gb total disk space. The BE program tells me that the differential backup I ran last night was 5Gb or so in size but if I check the folder it lists at 89Gb?? I have 2 or 3 that are doing that, one differential is 27Gb the next on lists as 103Gb when I know for a fact that not that much data has changed and BE lists it as much less as well. Needless to say this is eating space on the backup server unnecessarily, any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
I would suggest that you are not overwriting the B2D file, you are appending instead. This would be the simplest explanation.

Rename the B2D file or delete it (if that is possible) and/or check the setitings.

greetings
Peter

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you selected an option as append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is found?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Robert_Barrett
Level 2
I did have someone else configure these so I went back and checked. I had a bunch of them set to append, I have made the changes and we will see what happens.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on the issue!

Also ensure that differential and full backups are using the same selection list.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.