Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipped files?

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Hello,

While running backups on a W2003 DC server I get these messages:

Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\security\edb.log - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\security\edbtmp.log - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\security\tmp.edb - skipped.

These files are related to the servers local security policy. How can I get to be includen in the backup? Is AOFO the only way? At the moment we dont have AOFO license. Aren't these files includen in SystemState?

BTW I'm using "with a lock" option in "Open file backup when Advanced Open File Option is not used"Message was edited by:
Kalle Saarinen
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

We suggest you to deselect the files that are skipped during backup since these files are open and in use continuously.

Backup Exec tries to backup these files by trying to acquire a lock on the open file.

If the file is in use continuously, Backup Exec skips the files so that it can continue backing up the remaining files.

To successfully backup open files except large database files, we recommend you to use the Backup Exec Advanced Open File Option.

There is no need to backup WINDOWS folder as this data can be backed up through system state. Hence we suggest you to run a separate backup job for system state and observe the result.

Thank You,

Shweta

Old_Remove
Level 4
Hello !

What exactly is backuped when I backup the "System State"?
Do I need to backup the Windows or WINNT Folder too or is it in System State included?

Thank You!
J. Buyer

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Could you Update us on the issue?

Thanks
Regards

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Nothing to update...