cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot provider error (0xE00084AF)

Doreen_Gatlos
Not applicable
The message below is the error I recieve when attempting to backup our Windows 2003 R2/ Exchange 2003 server with Veritas 10d SP1 with all available hotfix's currently patched.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Site Replication Service". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE00084AF): The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
tstarlin
2 REPLIES 2

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Are you getting this error while backingup Exchange data or other drives ?

Have you activated AOFO for this backup ?

Refer the link :
http://support.veritas.com/docs/243430

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Werner_Steinegg
Level 3
Hello,

we have a brandnew installation of W2k3 R2 Premium.
The Customer SUpport installed the BE10d after a call of us (and buying 73�)
'cause we were unable to install this version. AFter 4 hours of Installation they finished their work. BUT now we got this error message:

AOFO: Initialisierung fehlgeschlagen: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option verwendet: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Fehler im Schnappschu�-Provider (0xE00084AF): Das Verzeichnis bzw. die Datei wurde nicht gefunden, oder der Zugriff ist nicht m�glich.

I can't find any eventlogs which explain this error.
Also the customer is very unhappy about it, and we too.

Backup Exec 10d rev.5629
Windows 2003 SBS R2

Hardware:
HP ML350
HP LTO2 internal

I hope you can help us.

The link of the answer helps nothing.

kind regards
Werner