Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

So many problems, so few resolutions for the most basic of service

MartinW
Level 2
Partner

Hi,

I'll try and be calm about the following question, but I have to say, there are so many problems with BE, so many people asking the questions and so many none-answers with 'This thread has been locked'.

Backup Exec 2012

SBS2011

Using rotated USB drives in a storage pool

Backup up selected drives on backup server

Backup SQL EXCLUDING Sharepoint (Seperate backup)

Using SnapShot tech, Automatic selection, Process one at a time, checkpoint restart enabled

Last nights error is:

Directory Users\xxxxxxx\Saved Games\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
WARNING: "\\SBSERVER.DomainName.local\C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Searches\desktop.ini" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

(All user accounts appear to be missed along with all their folders - videos, picture, desktop folders etc)

V-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes.
Media mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.
A selection on device \\SBSERVER.domainname.local\Microsoft Information Store\Public Folder Database 0505903697 was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

Nobody was on the system when the backup ran. I can look at the folders, browse them and see no corruption AT ALL with these folders.

- Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\SBSERVER.CreaseyAssoc.local\E:". Snapshot technology used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
V-79-10000-11219 - VSS Snapshot error. The volume or snapped volume may not be available or may not exist. Check the configuration of the snapshot technology, and then run the job again.

I checked all the VSS and none had errors.

Just to say - We have a number of clients running BE2010, 2012 and 2014 and every morning there are numerous sites with just odd errors which appear to come from nowhere. There are backups which run for weeks no problems then have a number of VSS errors, media not being recognised, BE job engine locking up, retention periods not being adhered to (if a backup crashed it won't get cleaned up in accordance with the retention rule requiring manual clearing). We now have a number of sites rebooting automatically every week just to try and reduce the number of VSS errors. This is like working in the old days of MS where weekly backups were required - we now do it because of BE???? I absolutely shudder when a customer rings up with a disk/file issue as my first thought is whether or not they have a recent backup.... which might have actually worked.

Martin

0 REPLIES 0