cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris 10 & RALUS

Mark_Ellis
Level 3
Okay, so I have spent the money and bought 12 RALUS client licenses for my Solaris servers.

I am now looking at installing the RALUS agent on the machines.

However, my test machine runs Solaris 10, which the RALUS agent does not support and will not install on.

Is there a timetable for Solaris 10 support?

Whilst my other 11 servers are all on Solaris 9 (or in two cases Solaris 8), I should like to begin upgrading them shortly and this is going to be a problem if the RALUS agent will not support Solaris 10.

Any pointers anybody?
6 REPLIES 6

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
There is no timetable that I know of - haven't read anything lately about added support for more Unix/Linux OS for Ralus.

Would suggest putting in an enhancement request at http://enhancement.veritas.com

Rick_M_
Level 3
We will be adding support for additional platforms in future Backup Exec releases. I cannot provide details beyond that, but VERITAS is aware of new versions of the various UNIX and Linux releases, and works to add support as customer need/demand dictates.

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi,

If your query is still unanswered, do feel free to write back to us. If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Have a nice day!

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Mark_Ellis
Level 3
There seems to be a lot of this "assumed answered" going on. Clearly it does not help your customers one bit.

I put an enhancement request in the same day that the suggestion was posted. I have heard nothing.

I have people practically breaking the door down to get me to upgrade some of our boxes to Solaris 10 to get at the dTrace features.

I know that people are always cagey about release dates, but even Microsoft are prepared to give a Q1, Q2 etc. type estimate.

I have to say I am pretty disappointed that something that is a mainstream platform is so badly ignored.

Mark

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

We aplogise the inconvenience caused to you. However it seems that you have already registered for the enhancement request. You will thus be notified whenever there is an enhancement and can make the optimum use of the new features. The notification will take place as and when the updates are available.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : The need to move the threads to the 'assumed answered’ pool facilitates the management of forums and the different problems involved. Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards.