cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAWS agent shutting down

Paul_Abresch
Level 4
All my BackupExec Remote Agents(RAWS) services have stopped.....what's happening, I have to restart my server and the agents
5 REPLIES 5

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

When you try to restart the service is there any particular error message.?
Uninstall Raws and then reboot the server and then reinstall and verify results.
Verify if Raws is running under LSA.
Check the port 10000 if it is being used by any other application.

Tnanks,NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Paul_Abresch
Level 4
No error when restarting the service....NT event viewer reports an unexpected shutdown. I have applied Hotfix 24 and everything went OK last night...was this a issue "all RAWS services shutting down and the media server not able to access remote selections when selecting a backup server" ?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Does this mean that after applying he hotfix 24, your problem is resolved?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Paul_Abresch
Level 4
raws services have been stable since hotfix 24 and changing the SQL MSDE sa password from "no password" with a password.

will changing the password using the beutility affect my existing database

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

No changing the password using beutility will not affect the existing database

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes,

please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,