andy232
Level 2

Hi there

I have the following problem.

I select a folder with 20 files.
I do the backup job
I click on "restore".
I get only 19 files displayed.

The log also says there there were 19 files backuped instead of 20.

My big problem is: The job runs fine. There is neither a warning message nor a error message.

I am glad to found out this behavior in a daily situation and not in a desaster recovery scenario.

The file is missing in the backup. Is is called "dbsrv11.exe" and resists at "d:\program files\Hs\Fb\Sa11\Bin64".
Its description says: "SQL Anywhere Network Server".

I have a suspect for the reason of this behavior. The dbsrv11.exe is assosiated with a windows service. So I think the file would be backuped if I do a  System-State-Backup. Can somebody confirm this ?
Do I have an option to verfiy this (looking in the system state files ?).

Thank You very much.

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If that .EXE file is somehow registered as part of the System State then it might be subject to active file exlcusion - we have seen similar things with some of the MS SQL .exe files

Way to provve this is do a system state backup, then redirect the restore of the system state to a test folder on a local disk.

Then see if that file is somewhere inside the structure that is restored into the test folder.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB

Is AOFO enabled for the above backup ?

Colin_Weaver

If that .EXE file is somehow registered as part of the System State then it might be subject to active file exlcusion - we have seen similar things with some of the MS SQL .exe files

Way to provve this is do a system state backup, then redirect the restore of the system state to a test folder on a local disk.

Then see if that file is somewhere inside the structure that is restored into the test folder.

andy232
Level 2

Yes, AOFO was enabled.

I restored the system state backup with folder redirection and I found the missing file in it.

So the problem is solved.

Thank You.

Greetings, Andy