cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some SCSI hardware not matched. The data is invalid.

ssunderland
Not applicable
I recently had a tape library swapped out, due to a robotic arm failure. The library was a HP StorageWorks Autoloader 1/8 VS80, and replaced by the same model. When I try to install Veritas, all goes well until the Veritas drivers start to install. I get this:

Finding tape devices
Finding IDE plug and play device instances
Finding SCSI plug and play device instances
Hardware ID = SCSI\SequentialHP______C9264CB-VS80____5538
Hardware ID = SCSI\SequentialHP______C9264CB-VS80____5E40
Some SCSI hardware not matched
The data is invalid.

Hardware ID = SCSI\SequentialBNCHMARKVS640___________5032
Finding VERITAS device drivers
Hardware scan complete.

The first time this happened I continued the installation and when I opened Veritas, the drive showed up as unknown device and was disabled. I uninstalled the Veritas software completely and tried again. I got the same error when the drivers installed. THIS time, the drived showed up, but as a stand alone drive without a library. SO, I tried the uninstall/reinstall a third time, and I get the same results as the second attempt (stand alone drive, no library).

I called HP and we ran through some tests using the HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools. The library and drive both show up there and pass all tests. The SCSI card shows both devices connected upon boot/post as well. Anyone know what the message "Some SCSI hardware not matched. The data is invalid." may be referring to? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
1 REPLY 1

Bill_Beeskow
Level 2
I saw no answers to your question and while your question is old I will state that the error you are getting appears to be the same on I am getting after Windows Update applied a new SCSI driver to my system.

Bill