cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some jobs don't send out notification emails or even try.

RJRERJR
Level 3

Backup Exec isn't even trying to send out notification emails on some jobs that have been selected to send out emails (With one job in particular) and sometimes at random picks and chooses the ones that it should send out (Every other job, it'd be nice if it was more consistant). Now normally I'd expect something strange to happen, and see a problem to resolve, except SendNotification pretty much skipped several jobs last night even though the Backups completed fine, they never sent out with nothing stating what possible reason why it wouldn't send out an SMTP message. Why would it do that at random or completely ignore my settings? All other emails were sent, and there is only one notification email set up in BE2012

Backup Exec 2012 SP1

Windows 2008 R2

5 REPLIES 5

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

RJRERJR
Level 3

Yeah, except Test emails go through fine, all the correct settings are set for Notifications. The notifications are set for each job. It doesn't at ALL explain why it does it randomly. I should also note, I get no return errors at all, it doesn't even try to send off an email.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Can u enable SGMon debugging (as mentioned in that article), create a new test job with just a couple of files selected - configure email notification for this job - let it run and complete.

Check if it attempts to send any notification this time.

If not, check to see if it shows any "Notify Return Code" in the SGMon.log ?

RJRERJR
Level 3

I have SGMon logs from last night, there is no Notify return error code, it didn't even try to send out an email.

I have created a new job (With the server that has the job that always doesn't send out an incremental email notification), notification sent out fine, there was no errors. Like I said, it seems to be random for the most part. SGMon does a SendNotification and has no errors reported.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the notification set to include the job log as well ? If yes, do you receive the notification by not including the job log ?

Pls post the Sgmon debug as well.