cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonicwall and Backup exec 10d

jfreem
Level 2

I am a novice user of backup exec 10d with an issue concerning a Sonicwall CDP 2440i unit.  I use backup exec with SQL agent for SQL 2000 to backup both SQL and non-SQL databases daily to a tape drive late at night and 2 external hard drives, one in the morning and one in the evening.  The Sonicwall device was added to allow both on and offsite backups as well (for the benefit of a second owner).  My server is Windows 2003 with SQL 2000.  The external hard drives were installed under Removable Backup to Disc as seen on the Device Tab of Backup Exec.  The backup exec backups all work fine but if the CDP unit performs a backup of the SQL databases during the same time, the Sonicwall device shows errors for the SQL database backups.  Is it possible to configure backup exec to allow SQL backups at the same time to an external hard drive and the Sonicwall device?  If so, what is the best way to configure it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
At this point my SQL skills a probably not that much better than yours, sorry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Should  be no problem for Backup Exec

It has been a while since I've done much SQL support, but have you limited concurrent access in anyway within MSSQL?

jfreem
Level 2
Interesting question but I too am not proficient with SQL.  I was assuming this was a Backup Exec issue and not SQL as I can access my databases during a backup without difficulty.  I have looked around within the enterprise manager for SQL but I'm unsure what to look for.  Any other ideas?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
At this point my SQL skills a probably not that much better than yours, sorry