cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony SDX-800V Issues

Not applicable
I have an identical issue as posted in
Invalid Physical Volume Library http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=62961&messageID=4433590

However it remains unsolved.

The original SDX-700 failed and the unit was replaced by the end user fitted "HOT" and BE worked without fault for 4 days.

After a routine reboot the system redetected the drive and from that point onwards it has never worked!

The drive tests fine with Sony Tape tools reads/writes ok.

The unit is detected by Windows as a Sony 150GB AIT but is unusable due to incorrect media detection.
BE 9.1 is the same.

We installed the drive into a new system "PRE 2003 SP1" and it worked with NT Backup !

We returned it to the user as tested and verified working, built a new 2003 Server new SCSI controller and the SDX-800V
Installed all 2003 SP's and Hotfixes installed the drive and we are back to square one!

An SP1 or post SP1 hotfix appears to mess with the media library, the drive is detected but media is not reported or managed correctly even in NTBackup.

Needless to say BE 9.1 with all of the updates does not work either.

The SDX-800V is currently the only AIT-3 drive Sony ship so what are AIT-3 users supoosed to do?

We are at our wits end with this one, we supplied the drive to the end user in an emergency and made a $100
We have now committed more than 50 Man hrs in trying to solve this issue and we have got nowhere.
Sony, MS and Veritas all seem to be clueless on this one.

I have yet to download and install BE10d and test it with this device however Im running out of other ideas.

Please do not post telling me to update the drivers...
This system has the latest of everything.

I think MS have broken it and Sony have not fixed it yet.

Does any one else out there have any information to share?
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

From the below link please check the compatibility of your device

Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers (tm) 9.x (9.0, 9.1) Hardware Compatibility List. Includes HCL information for supported drives, libraries, virtual tape devices, fibre-channel HBAs, switches, routers/bridges, and iSCSI components. For printing purposes, the latest version of Acrobat is recommended

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282347

Thanks