cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Span the backup using tape cartridge

Mohamed_Ayas_Ab
Level 2
Hi,

I have installed trial version of backup exec for windows server 10d for evaluation. I am backing up data using tape drive with 20 GB tape cartridge. The issue arise when I started to backup the data more than 20 GB. It backed up some files and skipped the rest due to unavailability of the space.

When I went through the manual, there is a way to span the backup using cascade drive spool. I need help where I can configure, to continue the backup with the second tape cartridge in case the first tape becomes full.

Ayas
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Herllo,

Kindly create a Device pool and target the job on that specific Device pool..

Kindly refer the following Document:

Creating and configuring drive pools in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262932

Thank You,

Shweta

Mohamed_Ayas_Ab
Level 2
Thanks Shweta,

I have only one tape drive, so I cannot create device pool. I have to backup 35 GB data, where my tape cartridge only 20 GB. In this case, how to configure to continue the backup with the second tape (the backup exec should request to insert second tape).

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec do promt an alert to insert a second time if the job spans to the second tape. At that time you can insert a new tape and this will continue the backup to the second tape.

You can check it.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.