Did you mean: 

Sql server Agent for BE 9.1

Not applicable
Can I use Sql Server Agent version 10 for BE 9.1
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
No

RAWS 9.1 will work with 10 server, but the database agents must be the same version

Richard_Ibbotso
Level 4
Where I work we buy ver 10 remote agent licenses but we install the verison 8.6 or 9.1 license, depending on the media server version. I actually spoke to Veritas Sales and confirmed this is ok before doing so.

My company is in the VIP license program so we simply use the same serial numbers for all installations. Have you tried entering your version 10 license key into the verison 9.1 licensing wizard?

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
License key for Backup Exec v9.x is not compatible with Backup Exec v10.x and vice-versa.

Richard_Ibbotso
Level 4
I was informed by Veritas sales that we can purchase a ver 10 license on paper, but use the ver 8.x and 9.x product if we need to. Is this correct then?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You cant use SQL server agent ver10 for 9.1 . You would have to buy new serial numbers.

thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.