cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitted backup Jobs Show Queued and Never Run

Dave_Schieder
Not applicable
One of my co-workers installed the evaluation version of Backup Exec 11D for a client. Since the install when a job is submitted, the Current Operation shows Initializing and the Job Status shows Running after a few seconds the Current Operation Changes to None and the Job Status changes to Queued and it stays in this state until the job is canceled. I have tried stopping and starting the Backup Exec Services and my co-worker did reboot the server when he first encountered the problem.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
I have had similar problems, typically it is waiting for a tape (even though you have put one in) . The window for the backup to start in must be wide, once the window has expired the job will go from queued to missed. Try this:

1. Run a catalogue job 1 hour prior to the backup if you have a tape library.

2. If you are using media sets (daily/weekly/monthly) then in the media manager set the overwrite and append period to 0 so that the media can be overwritten immediately. The daily set defaults to 7 days protection. If you label new media, even though you have not written to it, it prtects it for the overwrite period.

3. If this gets it working then you can fiddle with the media sets until you get it right for you.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Dave,

Let us know if the suggestions provided earlier were helpful.

===============