cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Full backup but getting 0xe00084f8 on Backup Exec Remote Agent incremental backup

T1kBLang
Level 2

Hi - I was able to do an scheduled full backup but the incremental failed due to "the following job log errors"

V-79-57344-41488 - Due to one or more errors
V-79-57344-34004 - End of data set was unexpectedly encountered.

Is there a log I can view to see if this a server issue? The trial is running on a Physical hardware with Windows 2012R2 Standard.

Thanks,

Tik

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
What version of Backup Exec are you running in trial mode, and is it fully patched from LiveUpdate?

Backup Exec Server 15 Version 14.2 Rev 1180 (64 Bit)

Backup Exec  Administrative Console Version 14.2 Rev 1180.3142 (64 Bit)

I will apply the hotfix 115844

TIA,

Tik

It's very interesting, the first two workstations were backed up successfully using netbios name (without the "*.domain.local")  and the rest (5 workstations) cannot be backup using the name. I had to use the actual IP address for it to get backed up.

BTW - I applied the latest updates on both the OS and the Sym. BE.

I guess I have to usethe IP address for the rest of the "servers". 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If we cannot backup via hostname or FQDN but have to use IP then:

a) there may be a name a name resolution problem with the network configuration of your BE server

b) the agents in the remote system may not have been configured to publish back to the Backup Exec server

c) the agents on the remote server cannoyt acces Port 6101 on the BE server acros the network

d) The remote agants may not be able to do name resolutin against the name of the BE server

Could be the DNS is having an issue. I have upgraded our domain from 2003 server to 2012R2 and the DNS database were populated with old records.

I was just puzzled why one workstation can reliably work without any errors and the other 7 , I had to resort by the IP address. 

I can ping all the FQDN's for the 7 hosts reliably without a single error. BTW, We are running the Symantec Cloud AV with firewall.

Thank you so much :)

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I hope that when you did the ping tests to FQDN that you were not just checking for sucess BUT confirming that the IP address being returned and used is correct for the FQDN as you could have been pinging a completely different device or server if your DNS records are wrong.