cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for HP Autoloader 1/8 w Ultrium 448?

Tony_Berglund
Level 3
One of my clients har recently bought one of these, and I'm trying to make it work with Backup Exec 10, but has run into some problems.

I have upgraded from BE 10.5484 to BE 10.5520 plus newest driver pack.
Now the configuration looks ok in Device config, but for example Inventory does not work (puts the Autoloader and Tape Device Offline).

Does anyone have this config and can tell me what to do to make it work properly?
4 REPLIES 4

Jamil_Abu_Aqel
Level 2
Hello,
We have the sa,e Autoloader and we are trying to run it with BE 10 build 5484 but it keeps showing as a stand-alone device and nothing shows under Robotic Library.
This model is supposed to be supported by Veritas. But I think that though we installed the lastest driver pack (released late in June and contains Robotic Library support 45) there is still a driver problem. If you run Diagnostics do you get an ERROR_INVALID_NAME or so?

Jamil_Abu_Aqel
Level 2
Hello again,
Please visit
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=970796

This supports my guess. Please note that, according to the link, the minimum version that supports the 1/8 448 is 10.0 Build 5520. Hope that helps.

Tony_Berglund
Level 3
Thank you!
I already have 10.0 Build 5520 with Driver Pack, but I didn't know about the SCSI-adapter thing, I will check that out as soon as I get to work.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please keep us updating on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.